Sunday, August 30, 2015

About the Novel

I wrote Out of Orbit and instantly knew that it would be my first published novel. I had considered sending it away to see if I could at least get an agent, but a friend and fellow author Jayna Ostler told me about a site called lulu.com. Self-publishing? Would that work?

It was fast. I had control over my own cover (which I hand-painted). I owned the rights to my own novel. I couldn't believe in one night I went from Ashton the writer to Ashton the published author. 

Now comes the part that I'm also in charge of but which is a little difficult for me. Getting my work and my name out there. I have tumblr blogs. I have a facebook author page (https://www.facebook.com/ashtonwiddisonauthor). What I don't have is a huge list of people who want to give me a shot. So here goes nothing, Google universe.

The synopsis: Jude Carlisle just lost his father. And then he finds Leslie--falling from the sky like an angel thrown from heaven. When she shows up at his front porch, insisting on being called Pluto, Jude is pulled into her gravity. But is she on a steady path or will Pluto knock him out of orbit?

My book is available in two formats, paperback and eBook. The paperback is $11.99 and the eBook is $1.99. Here are the links to the sites where it is available:

eBook: 

Paperback:

Some of these links allow you to read a sample of the book. Keep checking because in October (yay, my birth month!) I'm going to have some deals going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment