Sunday, December 4, 2016

Christmas

I love Christmas. Some of the magic has faded over the years, the childlike wonder probably, but it's still my favorite holiday. The lights, the atmosphere, the decorations, the reason for the season, the music, the family parties, and yes, the presents. I won't lie, I love receiving presents. I love unwrapping something someone I love thought I'd like. I also love watching someone I love unwrapping a present I thought they'd like.

This year I wanted to try and resurrect some of the magic. I've bought a little tree and I'm planning on decorating my office at work. I'll also bring alone the little Nativity scene I have.

I want to spread some cheer. I want people who don't even know me to feel a little happier having talked to me. I'm so tired of my negativity, I want to change it, and December is the perfect month to make that change.

And I want to focus more on what this time of year means to me. It's my celebration of the birth of Christ. He was the greatest gift ever given, and he was given in love. 

Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment