Saturday, November 12, 2016

Behind On Words

I'm several thousand words behind for my novel during this NaNoWriMo. I'm starting to do that thing again where I compare my writing with some of my favorite authors and discourage myself. There's no way I can write as beautifully. My plots are dryer, not as smooth. My characters are one dimensional.

I'll never write something gripping, wonderful, and a fan favorite.

But I can't think like that, or I'll take the love right out of writing. 

It's hard, because I don't know what to do with myself when I feel this way. Plow through it mostly. Work's been very draining lately, making it hard to pump myself up when I get home. Maybe I'll just have to relax more, read more, daydream more. If I don't win this NaNo, that's okay. I still have words I didn't have before.


No comments:

Post a Comment