Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Election 2016

America voted and, well, let's just say that I'm not happy with the results. Although to be honest, if it turned out to be in the other candidate's favor, I wouldn't be happy then either. Still, that being said, there is definitely some scary things happening. I do not trust Trump. I do not like Trump. And I also hate the way the nation is dividing even more.

Hate is a fire that destroys everything it touches. People hating people, a man who leads with hate, it's all destruction. 

But love conquers all. If we as a people remember to love, to be kind, to have courage, to speak against evil, to rise against bullies, to put enemies in their place, then we can win. I pray that we can do that. I pray that we won't let the hate spread, changing targets and tearing us further apart.

This is not what Americans deserve. We deserved better. But we settled for slop. 

Remember this quote? A house divided cannot stand? Well, a house unified can stand anything. 

The world is dark. Become a light. 

Spread that light. Encourage other lights to shine.

Don't give up.

Don't bow down.

Don't allow bullies to stomp over you. Don't turn away if bullies attack the defenseless. 

We know what is right, no matter who our leader is. We know what is right, no matter what voices around us might chant and insist. We know what is right, and as long as we defend it, we will find comrades. We will find friends. We will find fellow human beings who share our values. 

I'm praying for America. I'm praying for the citizens. I'm praying for me, that I can always know what is good and right, that I can have courage, that I will stand firm against the tide as it comes. 

Stay safe, everyone. Stay hopeful. Stay brave. Stay lovely. And look out for each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment