Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween/NaNoWriMo Eve

Happy Halloween! October is my favorite month, but this year, it just didn't feel the same. I have been very busy, and stressed out from work, but today was a pretty good day.

Yesterday, my friends Jayna and Jessica threw a Halloween party. I didn't know if I was going to go; Saturday I was sick at work and ended up in the doctor's office with my mom, and we both have sinus infections. But I felt good enough Sunday to join in on the fun for a little while. I dressed up like a hunter from one of my favorite TV shows, Supernatural. My dad made me an awesome stake to stab some vampires (actually I was asked a couple times if I was Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which is also cool with me).



Also, my dad made me feel good by telling me I rocked the look. I did really like wearing the boots I had on with my leather jacket. Made me feel like I could kick some butt! (Although I think anyone who is capable of really kicking butt probably never says it like that, especially not in a blog post.)

Today I wanted to be something different, so I chose to dress up like my biggest foe, the worst monster in the world. Monday.




Some people at work didn't get it, but that's okay. This is how I feel on the inside when I get up just after 5 AM every morning I crawl out of bed. I'm tired (that is makeup under my eyes), feel like I don't have anything put together (including my brain), and I'm lucky to grab my work clothes and matching shoes before I walk out the door. 

Okay, mainly I just really wanted to wear pajama bottoms to work. And it was glorious.

Now that I'm off work, I am going to start planning the novel I'm supposed to start writing tomorrow. Oh well. I'm a procrastinator. But like it's been said, the early bird might get the worm, but the worm who sleeps in late survives.

Or something.

Good luck to all those participating in NaNoWriMo. And to those out and about tonight for Halloween, be safe!


No comments:

Post a Comment