Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Concentration Out The Door

I haven't been able to do any work at home. Work is draining right now. We're putting in a new system at the store, and my work load there is growing and growing as we encounter more problems. It will work out eventually, it's all just a matter of hanging on long enough to fix the bugs. I'm very frustrated and stressed out, so by the time I get home, I'm exhausted.

Plus I want to socialize with my family, and sometimes it's hard or I feel like it's rude to plug my music in and shut them out. I've heard several writers say to be strict with writing time, that regardless of if someone wants to talk to you, when it's writing time they need to respect that. But still, I don't feel like telling my parents that I can't be bothered to listen to them, or tell my nephew to please leave me be. I love those people! I want to hear what they say (most of the time) and sometimes it's easier having a good conversation with them than staring at a blank document and wondering how in the world I'm going to be a successful writer if I can't even write. Certainly I can't blame them for preventing my work, or my job from draining me, when the problem really lies in the fact I'm just struggling in general.

Also, Mom's cooking dinner, and she chopped onions. Now my eyes burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment