Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Current Finished Read

One of my favorite authors is Louis L'Amour. I haven't read even a quarter of his books that I want to, but today I finished his memoir, Education of a Wandering Man. Throughout, he reminisces on how he obtained his education (by mainly talking of the books he had read, and also the places he journeyed to). This small snapshot of his life was very interesting to me. Since I've grown up on L'Amour's writing, thanks to having parents who loved to read and had several of his paperbacks, this felt like listening to an old relative or a friend of the family telling me of his life. There were several great quotes that I related to or learned from, and I'm very grateful to add that book to my ever-growing shelf.

I've discovered I do love reading about people's lives, depending, of course, on what happened during them. I'm eager to try another memoir or biography. 

No comments:

Post a Comment