Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Yellowstone 2016

I went on an adventure to Yellowstone this weekend and got back yesterday. Jayna's parents own a hotel called The Madison that was pretty awesome to stay at, and I had a lot of fun with the friends that were able to come (Jessica, Karen, Misty, Candalynne, and of course Jayna). We didn't see any bears like we were hoping to, but the area is so pretty. Here's one of the shots I took:


I love mountains and trees, and though it was freezing cold, I loved how stormy it was. Gray skies are some of my favorite, though in this picture the clouds weren't as dark and thick. It's not very often I go on adventures like this, driving through wilderness and taking pictures when I see a great view (or when everyone was being silly, which is a frequent thing when we all get together). One of the best parts of it all was just being away from the same old same. Going to work almost every day, and having the same tasks at the job each time, gets really tiring in a mundane way. Shaking things up a bit was great for me. 

That's a goal I'm setting right now. Not for the New Year, but for right this second. Find more adventure in my life. Make more adventure. It doesn't have to be a five day escape to Yellowstone, but if I can find things to do that puts more excitement in the routine, I need to go for it. I found a quote online that, at least where I found it, was credited to Confucius: "We all have two lives. The second one begins the day you realize you only have one." That's a pretty huge statement, and while the realization that I have only one life to live, at least a mortal one, hits me pretty often, I've yet to do anything about it. Time to make the most of my time.

Also, Jayna sent me edits for my current novel, and I'm very excited by them. I have so much to consider, with this novel and for the one I need to choose for NaNoWriMo. I have a feeling October is going to be over before I know it.

Also my birthday's right around the corner, and I haven't even decided if I'm doing anything for it! 

Until next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment