Sunday, October 9, 2016

Writers' Retreat

I wish I could go on a writers' retreat. If I were to plan one...

It would be at a cabin. Cabins are cozy, and even if they're really close to town, there's something about staying in one that makes you feel like you're away from it all. Breakfast in the morning, computers or notebooks out right after to plan or write. In the afternoons, the group can get together and share what they did that morning. After dinner, maybe one person could prepare a short lesson of sorts on a topic they particularly enjoy with writing (character profiles, outlining, finding inspiration, etc.). 

Or hey, maybe there doesn't have to be a schedule. Maybe people can get up and get going at their leisure, finding places in the cabin to relax, to brainstorm, to really dedicate themselves to their projects. It could be the retreat they need, whatever it is they need, structured or not (though I really like the idea of a tiny lesson after dinner).

And s'mores! There would definitely need to be s'mores.

I just wouldn't mind a weekend getaway devoted to nothing but writing. Maybe it would help me in my struggles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment